Welcome to OWEA North East Section’s Laboratory Analyst Corner, your online information resource for wastewater lab professionals. It is our hope we will be your “one stop shop” for: contact hour information, upcoming training opportunities, assistance with analytical issues, networking and more. Feel free to send any comments or questions regarding this source to me at NESOWEALAC@gmail.com. While you are here, if you have not already done so, please take a moment to fill out our LAC questionnaire. This is one way we are trying to reach out to all NES analysts, especially the smaller facilities, and ask for your input so we can better serve your needs. Also, we are always looking for new people for the committee! Please consider joining us, it does not take much of a commitment and we have a lot of fun. I look forward to hearing from you!
- Serve as a source of valuable information for lab analysis in the section, answering analytical questions and assisting individuals as they obtain and maintain their lab certifications.
- Provide multiple contact-hour sessions throughout the year at relative low cost.
- Submit Form A’s with speaker biographies to the Second Year EC Member at least six weeks in advance of the events for contact hour approval.
- Chair serves on the State Laboratory Analysts Committee.
- Nov 2015: Optimizing the Performance of Your Ammonia Ion Selective Electrode
- June 2015: Nitrogen in Our Systems:Ammonia, Nitrite, Nitrate and TKN
- June 2015: Pharmaceutical and Personal Care Products
- April 2015: Low Level Mercury
- April 2015: Free Cyanide
- May 2014: Solids & PH Analysis
- May 2014: Nitrogen
- March 2014: EnviroScience Inc. – The Biomonitoring Specialists
- March 2014: Hilovsky TRE Presentation
- March 2014: Macroinvertebrate Presentation (rev)
- Oct 2013: GHS Training
- July 2013: Nutrients in Wastewater
- July 2013: Dissolved Oxygen Measurement Seminar
- Nov 2012: Sampling (only)
- Nov 2012: Mercury Analysis and Removal in Water
- Aug 2012: Phosphorous
- June 2012 Bacti Session for Contact Hours
- June 2012: Trends in Laboratory Furniture Design